- HFI was authorized to deliver the ACT Global Assessment Certificate.
- Through 3 rounds of fierce contests, the team from HFI won the championship “Messenger for Foreign Cultural Exchanges in Guangzhou” English Debate Contest finals.
- 14 students were awarded grand prize and top 3 prize in Global Academician Forum.
- HFI was awarded 2021 China International School Winner on Teenager Research by King Lead.
- Bruce Zhang won three prizes at the Guangdong Adolescents Science & Technology Innovation Contest.
- Three students entered the final of the 2020 S.-T. Yau High School Science Award.
- The Crows, HFI’s American Football Team, became champions of the American Football High School League in Guangzhou.
- HFI live room was established to present, among other things, student life, English study, graduates’ experiences, and college acceptances.
- The story of student growth, EUREKA, was published for the 15th anniversary of HFI.
- Former alumni Tony Wu(Class of 2020) established the HFI YAU AWARD to encourage his fellow HFIers to pursue the S.-T. Yau High School Science Award.
- HFI was listed in the 2019 Guangzhou Charity and Culture Organization Influence. It is the only education organization on the list.
- Shenzhen Trussen Financial Services Corporation and Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, Guangzhou Gaoxin Branch founded scholarships for outstanding HFI graduates.
- 4 HFI students won of the final of 2018 S.-T. Yau High School Science Award.
- Student monthly meeting was put into agenda to strengthen the communication with students.
- Drama, Fencing, Martial arts, and Aerobics were newly added to the courses.
- Won the NCUK Excellence in Academic Administration Award
- German Language Course was afforded.
- PowerSchool, a school management system, was put into use.
- The scholarship offered by NCUK to IFY graduates reached 1 million GBP.
- The second International Day was successfully held, from which a sum of 246525.5 RMB was raised and donated to Guangzhou Children’s Social Welfare Home.
- ‘Unlock’ EAP Fundamentals Course was founded, which was the first EAP fundamentals course aiming at junior school students in China.
- AP European History, AP Art History and AP Computer Science were newly added to AP courses, counting to 20 AP courses in total.
- 2015 AP China Education Summit was successfully held with the participation of Mr. James Montoya, the Vice President of College Board, and over 300 teachers from various areas in China.
- HFI celebrated its 10th anniversary. ZHENG Jingjie and FANG Junying, students in AP program, tied for the first place in the global Microeconomics AP exam.
- The first International Day was successfully held.
- Class of 2014 in AP program made a new achievement that 50% graduates were admitted to the TOP 50 universities in the US. The number of AP courses reached 17.
- 90% students in the class of 2013 in AP program were admitted to the TOP 50 universities in the US, 35% to the TOP 30 universities and colleges, 20% to the TOP 20 universities, with scholarships of 640,000 USD in total.
- The number of AP courses reached 15.
- 100% students in the first class of AP program were admitted to the TOP 100 universities in the US, 90% to the TOP 50 universities and 30% to the TOP 30 universities. Approximately 20% of the students were admitted to the universities with high reputation including University of Pennsylvania, Cornell University, Duke University and University of Toronto, with scholarships of 300,000 USD in total.
- Top universities including Cornell University, Dartmouth College, Vanderbilt University and Johns Hopkins University offered admissions interview to HFI students particularly.
- The number of AP courses reached to 14.
- 30% of IFY graduates were awarded scholarship in British and Australian universities, with 8 students’ academic results obtaining straight As and 9 students simultaneously being awarded a scholarship of ￡6,000 by the University of Sheffield.
- HFI became the school offering the most AP courses in the whole country with 12 AP courses afforded.
- The first class of AP program attended AP tests, with the most students receiving a score of 5 and 4, which ranked in the top of international schools in China;
- The first class of AP program scored an average of 1933 in SAT I and 95 in TOEFL, occupying the most proportion of test takers with top results in Guangdong province.
- HSBC started to offer internship for HFI graduates overseas.
- The number of AP courses reached to 7.
Accredited by College Board, the International Department launched an Advanced Placement program.
- Above 60% of IFY graduating students were enrolled in the TOP 100 universities worldwide.
- 15 students with the academic performance of straight As won scholarships of 2.2 million RMB in total from universities overseas. YANG Mengdi was awarded a scholarship of ￡45,000, which IFY graduates had received for 3 consecutive years.
2007IFY became a program with the most various courses and subjects in China, along with the establishment of courses in Finance and Science; YANG Yi was awarded a full scholarship in the University of Kent, who was the first person in China receiving a full scholarship of 700,000 RMB from the UK.
- Organized by NCUK, the Job Fair for IFY graduates specifically was held in the University of Manchester;
- XUE Bing, an IFY graduate, was awarded a scholarship of ￡15,000 in the University of Kent (only 2 students received on a global scale).
Class of 2004 in IFY program graduated, with the success in 100% of students enrolling in oversea universities and visa application.
Huafu International Department (HFI) was founded, offering the International Foundation Year (IFY) program, accredited by the Northern Consortium UK (NCUK).